Sailing Rules and important Informations
- The storm warning signal will be switched on without advanced warning & indicates the danger of a storm of indefinite strength in form of a steady flashing.
- In the event of a storm warning, a port or a safe place must be found immediately!
- Locations of the storm warning systems: There is a plant in all places around Lake Attersee.
Emergency signals for sailors
There is an obligation to offer assistance when seeing the following signals!
- Panning of a conspicuous object (light, flag, paddle, bath towel)
- Slow lifting and lowering of outstretched arms (tired fly)
- Red flares by a signal gun
- SOS - light or sound signals (3x short - 3x long - 3x short)
- One episode of long beeps
Obligation to dodge generally applies against
- Public security vehicles with blue light
- Passenger ships with green ball or green light
- Fish boats with white ball or white flag (minimum distance 50 m)
- Fishing nets (minimum distance 25 m)
Obligation to dodge for sailboats applies if
- You sail on different bow and the wind blows from backboard!
- You sail on the same butts and are in windward!
- You get closer to another boat! (obligation to defend)
Driving and anchor bans exist in
- bathing zones marked by red-white-red signs with an arrow
- natural shore or reed zones
- Areas, which are specifically marked with entry and/or anchor bans.
- Take-off and landing gates for water skiing
- Landing stage areas of Stern & Hafferl Attersee-Schifffahrt
Motorboat prohibition – Auxiliary motor
- In shore areas, yachts are not allowed to drive closer than 200m, except perpendicular to the shore where a maximum of 10 km/h is allowed
- In the summer months of July and August, riding motorboats or yachts is generally prohibited
- In an emergency situation as well as in case of a problem a motor up to 4,4kw (auxiliary motor) can be used without a license and only to reach the home port