Bouldering Spot Forstamt
Bouldering is a form of rock climbing that is performed without the use of ropes or harnesses on natural boulders, rocks or climbing walls close to ground level. Since the 1970s, bouldering has been a climbing discipline of its own right and has seen a rapid development since the 1990s.
The Höllengebirge mountain range offers some really good climbing sites. Alpine sport climbing can be practiced on the Adlerspitz, sport climbers find perfectly coarse limestone on Auboden and at the western end of the mountain range bouldering has become popular since 2002.
More than 300 problems on more than 140 boulders make the bouldering site on Lake Attersee one of the largest official bouldering sites in the Salzkammergut region. And as far as ratings are concerned there is something for everyone: no matter if beginner or hard mover, everyone will enjoy.
The wonderful scenery around Lake Attersee makes bouldering here even more attractive, wonderful views are guaranteed.
How to get there
- From the West via the motorway A1 – exit Mondsee, continue on B151 in the direction Unterach –in Unterach, take B152 to Weissenbach – after the village limits of Weissenbach continue another 1.5 km towards Steinbach until you reach the end of the 50km/h speed restriction – there is a parking lane right along the lakeshore.
- From the East via the motorway A1, exit Schörfling – continue on B152 via Weyregg to Steinbach – after the village limits of Steinbach, continue another 2.5 km towards Weissenbach until you see a parking lane on the right with a punlic toilet. Park here.
- From the parking lane, walk up the gravel road Forststraße (Brennerriesensteig Weg Nr. 821) up to a yellow building, turn right there and follow the hiking trail Brennerriesensteig.
- All the access descriptions start at this crossing.
- Most of the boulders can be reached within roughly 10 minutes from the parking.