Car-free cycling day around Lake Attersee
Event locationThis event takes place at several venues.
ContactTourist Board Attersee-Attergau
Attergaustraße 31, 4880 Sankt Georgen im Attergau
Sunday, 26 April 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm., in all places around the Lake Attersee. Official start at 10:00 am. NEW in 4 Attersee communities. In the anniversary year 2020, we can look forward to a new programme.The event will take place in all weather conditions.
Car-free lakeside road exclusive for cyclists in all weather
From 9:30 am. on, the roads B 151 and B 152 are closed and turn into an easy bike course with a lake view with a length of about 48 km and 30 meters of altitude.
START at 10 am - 2020 First time at 4 STARTING POINTS
For the first time, the anniversary car-free cycling day will start at four different starting points. The route will be ceremonially opened punctually at 10 am. in the center of the villages Seewalchen, Attersee am Attersee (connection to the Roman cycle path), Unterach and Weißenbach (connection to the new cycle path to Bad Ischl).
2020 - new programme around the 25th car-free cycling day
In addition to the exclusive bike course with lake view, you can look forward to a new programme. Adventure stations for children in Seewalchen, workshop "repairing tires", guided e-MTB tours and also an e-bike test station will take place.
Running out of energy?Special ship shedulde & train shedulde at car-free cycling day
A shuttle service with the boats of Atterseeschifffahrt will be in place between Attersee and Weyregg and the regular boat tours on the Northern and the Southern circuit will operate according to the Timetable to help bring tired legs and strained behinds to their destination.
Food stations in the communities around the Lake Attersee
Numerous fodd stations in the different places invite you to tak a break. The program is rounded off by various entertainment programs in the communities which ensure a varied and eventful day.
May I help you?
Should a technical or health problem occur, everything will be fine again - our professionals at bike service points, mobile breakdown service, first aid as well as the security services of the executive will take care of it!
We sould like to express our thanks to the Oberösterreichischen Nachrichten newspaper and the ORF-Oberösterreich (TV and radio). Both will be covering the car-free cycling day on Lake Attersee and will provide up-to-date information before, during and after the event.
Details about parking around Lake Attersee
Unterach - arriving from Mondsee:
- turn right at the junction after Weißenbach - after 200m, there is a large parking area
- continue straight ahead in direction Nußdorf - there are two parking areas along the by-pass road - one below the chestnut forest and a second one a little bit further
Attersee - arriving from St. Georgen im Attergau
- Public parking at the Atterseehalle on Hauptstraße
- Public parking at the catholic parish church Attersee (Kirchenstraße 22, 4864 Attersee am Attersee)
- Public parking at the catholic parish church in Abtsdorf (Abtsdorf 1, 4864 Attersee am Attersee)
- Motorway exit Seewalchen – along the federal road Attersee-Bundesstraße and on the parking across the exit
- Seewalchen village centre at the municipal office, shopping centre Müller
- Parking of the Billa super market (Fire fighters will direct you)
- Parking Lido Seebad Schönauer
- Parking at the police station (if arriving before road closure and leaving after reopening of the road)
Steinbach - arriving from Gmunden
- village centre
- parking at the church
Steinbach - arriving from Bad Ischl
- Fachbergbrücke (bridge)
4864 Attersee am Attersee
4865 Nußdorf am Attersee
4861 Schörfling am Attersee
4880 Seewalchen am Attersee
4853 Steinbach am Attersee
4866 Unterach am Attersee
- Free entry
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
Please get in touch for more information.