Accommodation Booking

Children
Travel period: 2Nights
Detailed search options
Search by location:
Search by location
Search for accommodation
Loading accomodations ...

Your enquiry

Please fill in all fields marked *.

The information you provide (email address; optional: salutation, title, name, surname, address, telephone number, request) is exclusively used by Tourismusverband Attersee-Attergau to process your request and is only disclosed if the request is to be answered by third parties (e.g. tourism service providers). See also the Privacy Notice.

Parish church Abtsdorf

Attersee am Attersee, Oberösterreich, Österreich

Its foundation dates back to the year 955. The abbot of Mondsee founded it in return for the victory of emperor Otto I over the Hungarians in the Battle of Lechfeld (August 10, 855). In a deed of Pope Innozenz II. from the year 1142, Appatesdorf (= Abtsdorf) is mentioned as a parish of Mondseer. The village was bound to the abbot as a settlement of Mondsee.

History:
The present church dates back to the middle of the 15th century. The nave was built in the style of Stefan Wultingers, the great master builder of the Hausruckviertel. The originally Gothic entrance is located at the south side. It is an ornamental Gothic gate with a walled entrance.

The church’s single, tripe -pile nave and an equally high, single pile presbytery with a 5/8 finishing in the apsis. Each room has a cross-rib vault. In the registry, a small Gothic door leads into a whitewashed cloverleaf arch.
In the year 1699-1703, the interior space of the church was reformed in baroque style. The High altar, the side altar and the chancel were designed by the baroque artist Meinrad Gugenbichler from Mondsee. The bell, which is affixed on the tower, is dated from 1442.

Short description of the church

High altar:
The high altar is dated from the years 1699-1701.
In the middle, there is a statue of St. Laurentius, the patron of the church. He suffered martyrdom in 258 under the Roman emperor Valerian. When the local authorities asked him about the treasury of the church, he pointed to the poor and sick. Hereupon, he was slowly martyred to death with fire.
To the left, there is the statue of St. Wolfgang and to the right the statue of St. Nikolas.

The side altars are dated from the years 1701-1703.
The right side altar shows a painting of St. Joseph in its middle shrine, flanked by the statues of St. Joachim and St. Anna, parents of the Holy Virgin Mary.
The left side altar shows a painting of the Holy Virgin in its middle shrine, flanked by the statues of St. Barbara and St. Katharina.

The chancel is dated to the year 1703. In the small niches there used to stand small baroque statuettes of Paulus, Johannes, Lukas and Matthäus. The statues were stolen in 1974.

Baptismal font:
The baptismal font is a heavy gothic rock with a beautiful baroque cover.

Church service: Sundays at 10am

Elevation

520 m

Accessibility / arrival

By car:
From Salzburg take the motorway A1 – exit St. Georgen im Attergau – left sight Attersee
From Vienna/Linz take motorway A1 – exit St. Georgen im Attergau – left sight Attersee
From Westside – Bad Ischl – Weißenbachtal – Unterach – Nußdorf – Attersee

By train:
From Salzburg or Vienna/Linz to Vöcklamarkt, change the ÖBB-train to Attergaubahn to Attersee

By airplane:
From Salzburg take the motorway A1 – exit St. Georgen im Attergau – left sight Attersee
From Vienna/Linz take the motorway A1 – exit St. Georgen im Attergau – left sight Attersee

Parking
  • Parking space: 5
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
Other discounts

Free admission

  • All weather
Season
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Parish church Abtsdorf
Abtsdorf 1
4864 Attersee am Attersee

+43 7666 8084
pfarre.nussdorf@dioezese-linz.at

attersee-attergau.salzkammergut.at
https://attersee-attergau.salzkammergut.at

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA