consecrated holy Mauritius
The parish of Nussdorf am Attersee dates back to at least the 14th century. The parish was dissolved during the Reformation and later cared for by the Jesuits from Traunkirchen as a preaching church.
Nussdorf was not a Catholic parish for over 200 years.
Despite the Counter-Reformation, the number of Protestants was very high due to the one-tier situation and is still the same at around 12% (Austrian average 5.5%). Under Joseph II. Nussdorf was re-established as a parish in 1783. In 1789, one of the oldest private schools in Upper Austria was established by the young Protestant community in Zell bei Nußdorf.
The image of the Virgin Mary on the left has gained national fame.
In 1892, the painter Emanuel Oberhauser used a portrait of Emma Adler (1858-1935), the wife of Victor Adler, as a model for the face of the Madonna. The Adler couple spent several times in summer in Parschallen. The painter was able to counter the accusation that he had depicted a "Jewish" woman or a "red" (socialist) that Maria herself was also a Jew.
When the picture was first seen in the church, the locals reacted indignantly, Des is ja d 'Adlerin and not at Eichtel the mother of God. A legend also formed around the painting of the Virgin Mary, according to which the church was destroyed in a fire, only the image remained intact. Historical facts, such as the fire catastrophe in Nussdorf (1857) and the sensational image of the Virgin Mary, are obviously related here.
Saturday: 19:00 p.m.
Sunday: 08:30 a.m.
Please get in touch for more information.
Legal contact informationPfarrkirche Nußdorf