At 864 m above sea level, a wooden chapel was built about 300 years ago on the Gahberg, the Weyregg scenic mountain
In 1951 the chapel was destroyed by a lightning strike and the subsequent fire.
The reconstruction started within the same year. Before the small wooden altar was erected in the chapel he was the Sacred Heart altar in the parish church Weyregg.
If one believes the stories told, the people of Weyregg vowed to hold a supplicatory procession leading up the Gahberg, after hail and storm destroyed the crops for seven years in a row.
The parish Weyregg therefore organises a pilgrimage to the Gahberg three times a year.
Please get in touch for more information.