Bandlkramerey or Büchsenmeistergütl
Most of the inhabitants of Seewalchen have known the building as 'Roitherhaus' but it was first mentionened as early as in 1535 as 'Büchsenmeistergütl' in a letter, that has been preserved in the archives of the Benedictine Abbey of Michaelbeuern.
But throughout the centuries of its existence, the house has had several other names, most of the times it was named after its owners: 'Papiergesellen Haus' Aber es hat auch noch andere Namen, meist nach den jeweiligen Besitzern: 'Papiergesellen Haus“ (around 1785 in the land register established by Joseph II), 'Döberl Haus' in the second half of the 19th century until 1918 and then 'Roither Haus'. It was Franz Döberl who enlarged the original house towards the cemetary in the 1870ies.
On 29 May 1919, Franz and Elisabeth Roither bought the 'Büchsenmeistergütl',their joungest daughter Frieda was its owner until 1998 wehn she passed it on to her nephew. She died on 24 July 2004.
In March 2011, the Company Tostmann Trachten GmbH und Co KG bought the Roitherhaus, renovated and restored it with a lot of love and knowledge about old buildings and has opened it to the public as a restaurant/café, museum and a location for all kinds of events such as readings, lectures, discussions, ...
For more information, click here.
Coffee in the Bandlkramerey
April till October 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
November till March 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Parking space: 20
- Toilet facility
- Diaper room
- Children's corner (indoors)
- Playground (outdoors)
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
- Suitable for pushchairs
- Pets allowed
- Suitable for teenagers
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
Please get in touch for more information.