But the statutes for the establishment of a voluntary fire brigade were first decided at the meeting of the municipal council on 19 June 1904. The Steinbach fire brigade, founded in 1905, was owned by Johann Rötzer. In the same year, Pfarrer Lehninger made a land available for the construction of a fire brigade depot at the church hill free of charge.
Since Steinbach had a very large municipal area of 62 km², it soon became separated into two independent municipality brigades, Steinbach and Weißenbach. In the first few years, only modest equipment was available for fighting fire.
At this time, there were no siren alarms, so a fire horn was used. It was only in 1945 that the first siren was mounted on the old "Mesnerhäusl" (today Korger family). Much earlier, in the year 1932, the first Gugg engine was purchased. In the same year,it was used to extinguish the fire at the "Stampfl House" (Loy family). Even at the fire of the "Toffen House" (family Zopf, Kaisigen) on March 23, 1935, it performed well.
After World War II, the first fire engine was put into operation by Hummelbrunner, a "Horch" off-road vehicle, built as a fire engine. In 1959 the fire brigade Weißenbach was disbanded and the entire equipment was handed over to the "Freiwillige Feuerwehr" Steinbach. With the beginning of construction of the local water pipeline in 1962, the entire municipal area was gradually equipped with hydrants.
Since 1967, the fire brigade has been located in the then newly built town hall. At this time, a new fire engine "Opel-Blitz" with pre-pump was also purchased. In 1983, a used VW bus was commissioned as a command vehicle. A great technical advance was made by the fire department in 1991 with the purchase of the TLFA 2000 - a tank vehicle to protect the Steinbach population. In 1993, a used red cross bus was temporarily converted into a KLF.
As a result of the advancing technology as well as the ever-increasing traffic volume in the last decades, the equipment for technical operations had to be adapted. Such missionsoften take a toll on the voluntary fire fighters, especially when it comes to the recovery of very serious or fatal injured persons.
Since 1977, the fire brigade has been equipped with respiratory protection equipment. An important component of the water transport is the portable injection. As such, after the war a DKW, as well as from 1967 a VW were available. After the flood in 1997 a new TS BMW Fox had to be purchased.
Source: Homepage FF-Steinbach
Voluntary Fire Brigade Steinbach - emergency call 122
4853 Steinbach am Attersee
powered by TOURDATA
When Steinbach became an independent municipality after the separation of Weyregg in 1886, the obligation to set up a fire brigade followed. But the statutes for the establishment of a voluntary fire brigade were first decided at the meeting of the municipal council...