Opening "Pile dwellings under the water"
- € 184,00 per person
- Bookable from: 2 Persons
At the entrance point ‘Nußdorf Hausboot’ a forest of 111 piles represents the 111 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. They are arranged in a way to picture a boardwalk and a fence, thus referring to architectural elements of the prehistoric settlements. Numerous 3-D prints on the piles show finds from the countries that are part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
At the diving site ‘Hinkelsteine’ (menhirs) in Steinbach am Attersee a group of life-sized wooden figures were sunk and anchored to the bottom of the lake. They represent Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age settlers.
At the diving site ‘Dixi’ in Weyregg am Attersee an abstract model of a pile dwelling equipped with information boards can be inspected and discovered by divers. In July 2018, the sinking of this house was a spectacular event. Since then, it has attracted many divers and fish!
Lake Attersee and the new adventure ‘Pile dwellings under the water’ open up the possibility – unique in Austria – to combine exciting dives with the unparalleled experience of underwater archaeology.
Nußdorfer Straße 15
4864 Attersee am Attersee
Phone: +43 7666 7719-0
Legal contact information
UID Nr. ATU 46820604
Geschäftsführerin Angelina Eggl
- 2 Nights
- 2 nights including breakfast at a nice 3-star hotel in the holiday region Attersee-Attergau (4-star accommodation subject to an extra charge)
- Voucher worth EUR 10 for drinks at the presentation evening at Landgasthof Ragginger
- Attersee DiveCard
- 1x cylinder filling / day
- 3 guided dives including diving guide to the new pile dwelling sites
- 1 'diver's cylinder' per room filled with Schnapps from Rosi Huber's distillery
- Information folder at your room
- 23.05.2019 to 24.05.2019
23 May 2019, 7 p.m.
Presentation of the project ‘Pile dwellings under the water’ on Lake Attersee incl. the special documentary by the Austrian TV channel ORF III ‘Abenteuer Pfahlbau unter Wasser am Attersee’ by Erich Pröll, known as director and director of photography for the UNIVERSUM series, at Landgasthof Ragginger in Nußdorf am Attersee.
- Presentation of the project by Günter Oberschmid, chairman of the Tauch-Kompetenzzentrum
- Scientific background presented by Cyril Dworsky
- Screening of the pile dwelling documentary by Erich Pröll
Dives to the new pile dwelling sites:
- Friday, 24 May 2019, 9.30 a.m.
- Friday, 24 May 2019, 2 p.m.
- Saturday, 25 May 2019, 9.30 a.m.
Possible date of arrival
23. May 2019
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples