Plan your tour to be on the safe side
- Healthy in the mountains – Make sure you are aware of your physical abilities
- Thorough planning – Guide books, topographic maps and the Internet inform you about the length, altitude difference, rating and the current conditions. Keep an eye on the weather forecast!
- Family & friends – Let them know where you are going, the exact trail and the expected time of retur
- Complete equipment – protection against sun, rain and cold, first aid kit, maps and/or GPS, mobile phone, food and beverages.
- Suitable shoes – good hiking boots with no-slip grip soles
- Surefootedness is key!
- Stay on the marked paths – Follow the yellow ‘S‘ on black ground on the Salzkammergut and Attersee-Attergau Long Distance Trail or the number of the hiking trails.
- Regular breaks – help to regain strength. Eating and drinking are crucial for staying strong and concentrated. Make sure you carry enough to drink – isotonic beverages are ideal for quenching your thirst. As snacks, we recommend cereal bars, dried fruit or cookies.
- Responsibility for children – Entertainment and playful discovery are the prime motivation for children. Make sure you adapt the length of the tour to their needs!
- Respect nature and the environment – Do not litter, avoid making noise, stay on the marked paths, do not unsettle wild or grazing animals, do not touch plants and respect conservation areas.
- Keep dogs on the leash – for the sake of the animals on pastures and in forests.
- Weather conditions – Keep an eye on the weather conditions and return or stop at an inn or shelter in time.
If there is an accident in the mountains:
- Set off an emergency call via mobile phone (recharge battery in advance)
- 140 Alpine Emergency Call
- 112 European Emergency Call
- Emergency communication: Who is calling? Where is the accident? What happened?
- Take the injured person and yourself out of the danger area (rockfall) and render first aid. Follow the instructions of the emergency servies.
Contact & ServiceTourismusverband Attersee-Attergau
4880 St. Georgen im Attergau
+43 7666 7719-0
+43 7666 7719 19
We will be happy to help you plan your tour. You can order and download hiking maps or the Attersee-Attergau long distance trail folder (free of charge) as well as the Kompass guides (with costs) via our website. Please contact us.